2018 thinkThin Protein & Probiotics Hot Oatmeal Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW AND OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES. SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS, REGULATIONS, AND ORDINANCES.
- SWEEPSTAKES DETAILS:
Name of Sweepstakes: thinkThin FNCE® Oatmeal Giveaway (“Sweepstakes”)
Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes Period will be open during Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo (“FNCE®”) during the following dates and times:
October 21, 2018: 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM ET
October 22, 2018: 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM ET
October 23, 2018: 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM ET
Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter, US residents (incl. DC), who are 18+ must, during the Sweepstakes Periods, visit the thinkThin FNCE® Booth (Booth #1817) and scan their badges. Upon scanning your badge, you will automatically be entered with one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. You may also enter by sending an email, during the Sweepstakes Period, with the subject line “FNCE® Oatmeal Giveaway” and your name, age, home address and telephone number to thinkThin consumer affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON, REGARDLESS OF METHOD OF ENTRY. ADDITIONAL ENTRIES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. All entries must be received by 1:00PM ET on October 23, 2018. You must provide all required information to be eligible to enter and win. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Normal internet access, phone and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
Selection of Winner and Prize Description: On or about October 29, 2018, Sponsor will select the names of potential winners of the prizes in a random drawing from among all entries received. The odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received.
Prize Description and Value: One (1) winner will receive 26 cases (156 servings) of thinkThin Protein & Probiotics Hot Oatmeal. The Approximate Retail Value of the prize is approximately Four Hundred Dollars ($400.00).
- SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Glanbia Performance Nutrition (NA), Inc., located at 3500 Lacey Road, Suite 1200, Downers Grove, IL 60515 (“Sponsor”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents currently residing in the 50 United States including the District of Columbia who are the 18+ as of the date of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor or any of its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, website providers, web masters (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. All entrants must have access to the internet prior to the start of the Sweepstakes.
- HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter, during the Sweepstakes Period, please follow the instructions set forth above in Section 1 above. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of plays and/or entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s plays and/or entries, and that participant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion.
- SELECTION OF WINNER: On or about October 29, 2018, Sponsor will select the names of potential winners of the prizes in a random drawing from among all entries received. The odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received. The potential winners will be notified via email or telephone call when the decision is made and must respond to the notification within seventy-two hours. If the (i) winner notification is returned as non-deliverable, (ii) a potential winner fails to respond to the winner notification within the time required, (iii) a potential winner fails to sign any requested documents within fourteen (14) days, (iv) a potential winner fails to abide by these Official Rules, or (v) a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. A maximum of one (1) alternate winner will be selected, after which any remaining prizes will remain unawarded. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- PRIZES & PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Subject to eligibility verification, the number of prize winners set forth in Section 1 will each receive the prizes set forth in Section 1 above. Winners will receive the prize within 60 days of the date of winner selection (set forth in Section 1 above) once their eligibility has been confirmed. Approximate Retail Value of the prize is based on retail price. Limit one (1) prize per person per Sweepstakes Period. Prizes cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to make size, flavor or prize substitutions based on product availability at any time during the time frame specified above. Sponsor reserves the exclusive right to substitute any prize with another one of equal or greater value. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the winner selection method described above from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, any website associated with the Sweepstakes, and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that Sponsor, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, web masters, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; or (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE INTERNET SITE WWW.THINKPRODUCTS.COM OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO TRAVEL CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, WINNERS GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING AND SWEEPSTAKES AGENCIES, SUPPLIERS, AND THOSE ACTING PURSUANT TO ITS AUTHORITY, THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLDWIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, EACH WINNER’S NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION.
- GOVERNING LAW; JURISDICTION: This Sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Illinois without regard to conflict of law principles. Any controversy arising under, in connection with or in any way relating to this Sweepstakes shall be adjudicated before a state or federal court of competent jurisdiction located in DuPage County, Illinois. Entrant and Sponsor: (i) accept, generally and unconditionally, the exclusive jurisdiction of such court and any related appellate court, and irrevocably agree to be bound by any judgment rendered thereby in connection with this Sweepstakes, and (ii) irrevocably waive any objection it may now or hereafter have as to the venue of any such suit, action or proceeding brought in such a court or that such court is an inconvenient forum.
- NATURE OF RELATIONSHIP/WAIVER OF EQUITABLE RELIEF: Each entrant understands and acknowledges that the Sponsor has wide access to ideas, designs, and other materials, and that new ideas are constantly being submitted to it or being developed by their own employees. Each entrant also acknowledges that many ideas may be competitive with, similar or identical to the Content Submission and/or each other in theme, idea, format or other respects. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that such entrant will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of Sponsor’s use of any such similar or identical material. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor does not now and shall not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of the copyright in and to the Content Submission. Finally, each entrant acknowledges that, with respect to any claim by entrant relating to or arising out of Sponsor’s actual or alleged exploitation or use of any Content Submission or other material submitted in connection with the Sweepstakes, the damage, if any, thereby caused to the applicable entrant will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle such entrant to seek injunctive or other equitable relief or in any way enjoin the production, distribution, exhibition or other exploitation of the Content Submission or any material based on or allegedly based on the Content Submission, and the entrant’s rights and remedies in any such event shall be strictly limited to the right to recover damages, if any, in an action at law.
- OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules or for a list of winners available after October 29, 2018, send an email to: email@example.com.
Copyright ©2018 Glanbia Performance Nutrition (NA), Inc. Any questions, comments or complaints should be directed to Sponsor. Glanbia and other logos or trademarks listed herein are trademarks of Glanbia Performance Nutrition (NA), Inc. and/or other companies in the United States and other countries. All third party trademarks are the property of their respective owners and do not reflect endorsement or sponsorship of this sweepstakes. All rights reserved.